VISIONS & VALUES
Learn About The Hygrove
At The Hygrove we have a very strong vision of what we’re trying to achieve and how we’re going to do this.
Our vision is to:
Transform private addiction treatment for our members by creating new and innovative methods of delivery that support personal choice, lifestyle, health, wellbeing and the holistic needs of all those affected by addiction.
Put simply, The Hygrove is transforming the traditional methods for rehabilitation therapy, creating a more holistic approach to see long lasting effects for our members.
Our approach is echoed in our core values which underpin both the way our team works and what we expect from our members.
Our values are:
- We will act with integrity with our members, our partners and suppliers building relationships based on trust and mutual respect
- We are passionate about The Hygrove way and providing a sanctuary for recovery for our members and strive to deliver excellence in everything we do
- We welcome diversity throughout The Hygrove and encourage discussion and debate to explore ideas and feelings in an open manner
- We are an exclusive but welcoming brand that is enthusiastic, engaging and constantly innovating to successfully achieve our vision.
RECONNECT | RENEW
Our strapline is the essence of everything that we aim to achieve. Providing the space, the therapy and the tools for our members to do this during their stay with us and beyond this in their everyday lives.
To rewire yourself, to fix bonds with friends, families and colleagues to rebalance and understand what you want from life beyond addiction.
Being able to restart yourself, to regenerate, refresh and recharge. To leave The Hygrove rejuvenated and fully renewed ready to start life again.
Why The Hygrove?
We believe The Hygrove is different from any other rehabilitation you can receive and we’re proud of this. So, what makes it so unique and special?
From the moment you step through the front door of The Hygrove you become a member, and this extends way beyond the length of your stay. Membership of The Hygrove is unlike any other rehabilitation sanctuary it’s like becoming a member of a club, with access for as long as you need it not just whilst you’re staying with us.
The Hygrove, part of the Abbeycare Group is exclusive, providing the ultimate in treatment in luxury surroundings in a beautiful setting. We believe in treating our members like individuals and cater for your every need.
We will also include and support your loved ones during your stay and beyond, providing resources for them and access to our membership if needed. We understand their role in your recovery and will equip them to enable this and to help you to reconnect with them for life beyond The Hygrove.
Staying at the Hygrove
- You wouldn’t share a room in a hotel so why would you whilst in rehabilitation? If you’re staying at The Hygrove, individual rooms come as standard
- Your needs are personal to you and therefore your treatment should be too. Every member has a bespoke program built for their individual needs and therapy choices
- We understand that not everyone may want to attend group therapy sessions or would benefit in more 1-2-1 sessions, and that’s fine by us, we’ll listen to you when building your tailored programme.
Nestled in the heart of the Gloucestershire countryside with extensive views across the county and surrounding countryside, Hygrove House sits in nearly 45 acres of its own mature gardens and open farm land, providing the perfect sanctuary for anyone struggling with addiction in the most luxurious of surroundings.
Built during the 17th Century, Hygrove House (Hygrove Manor) was established by the lawyer Charles Barrow, Lord of Minsterworth in 1750; creating a new seat of the manor, Lord Minsterworth was created a baronet in 1784. The house remained in private occupation for many years, until World War II – becoming the headquarters for Zurich Insurance Company.
During the last 100 years, Hygrove House has been a place of wellness and recovery for many people. Used during the D-Day landings as a military hospital and latterly a Nursing home for older people – Hygrove House continues to make for the perfect environment to help people recover from illness.
The Hygrove are transforming the way rehabilitation services are offered with a focus on clinical recovery and emotional wellbeing for members and support for family, friends and employers too.
The Hygrove offers its members a tailor-made program of rehabilitation and treatment. This extensive program ensures that each client has the best possible chance of a successful and sustained recovery, improves their health and well-being and re-develops strong relationships with family and friends, fully reconnected.
Alongside the traditional therapy methods, we will offer a substantial lifestyle program and range of activities which promote physical health and make the most of our fabulous location and the surrounding Cotswolds. These activities include rock climbing, horse riding, walks in the grounds and fishing to name just a few.
The team at The Hygrove bring a range of skills and experience to assist all aspects of an individual’s life. As well as having some of the best therapists in the industry, our clients work closely with those who have previously suffered from addiction themselves enabling members to explore in detail the issues behind their addiction with people that understand.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Bereavement counselling
- Trauma and abuse counselling
- Motivational enhancement
- 1-2-1 recovery planning
- Stress management
- Relapse prevention
- Family intervention and mediation therapy
- NLP counselling therapy
- Reflections and hope group therapy.
- Art, drama and music therapy
- Yoga & meditation
- Indian head and full body massage
- Reiki, reflexology and aromatherapy
- Relaxation and sleep management therapy
- Acupuncture and Acu-detox
- Mindfulness and body scan
- Diet and nutritional supplement therapy.
- Daily group walks
- Running club
- Fishing club
- Animal therapy
- Leisure and group outings
- Quiz nights, team games and film nights
- Fellowship events
- Family visits
- Horse Riding